I love avocados, they always takes me to my happy place. I was extra excited that the DIY girls decided Breakfast for Dinner was in order! We made Baked Eggs in Avocado with a side of special fruit salad and bacon (of course!). To make it really Breakfast for Dinner we decided just plain old wine wouldn’t do and made some Prosecco Mimosas.
Ain’t it pretty? A simple recipe to add something special to breakfast or dinner…or whenever you plan to make it!
BAKED EGG IN AVOCADO
– 2 large avocados pitted, halved with the centre scooped out.
– 4 eggs medium eggs
– Green Onion chopped
– Salt and Pepper
– Cooked bacon diced
1. Pre-Heat Oven to 425 degrees
2. Put your 4 avocado halves into a baking dish with high sides. The snugger the fit the better to keep the avocados from moving around or tipping.
3. Crack an egg into each avocado half. This is the step where you’ll learn if you dug out enough of the avocado centre. Try to get the yolk in first, the white can spill out and over.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or just long enough to make sure the white has cooked.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with green onion and bacon.
1 Blood Orange peeled and sections roughly chopped
1 banana chopped
1 mango cubed
1/2 pint of blueberries (small containers at the grocery store)
Handful of kiwi berries halved (or more if you like!)
1/4 cup of OJ
Splash of whiskey
1. Toss together all ingredients in a bowl.
Some Discoveries During this DIY:
– Kiwi Berries – I think officially they have won the cutest fruit award. They’ve got a mild and sweeter kiwi flavour and they’re just so fun to eat! No peeling required!
– Avocados – for this recipe we found that your avocados don’t need to be fully ripe! The baking process does something help soften them and they were very enjoyable to eat.
It was the most gorgeous and refreshing meal I’ve had to date and all made at home. Pretty impressive I think.